Now I have a little three year old boy who has spoken to Santa on the phone (his grandfather from Western Australia) and discussed what he wants for Christmas and the sort of behaviour required to get it. He never divulges the content of these conversations. They are private and he’s very clear about that.
We all grow up so soon to face the realities of a world where magic doesn’t exist. How nice to believe just for a moment that it might!
PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM
1 Cooked Leg Ham
1 x 400g Can Pineapple Juice
¼ Cup of Sherry
500g Brown Sugar
Dijon Mustard (to use as a rub)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C
2. Place the pineapple juice, sherry and brown sugar in a saucepan and heat on medium setting until a syrup forms.
3. Remove the skin from the ham and rub the Dijon mustard over the leg to give it a yellow colouring.
4. Stud the ham at intervals with the cloves – don’t overdo it! A little clove goes a long way.
5. Place the ham in a large baking tin
6. Pour the syrup around the ham (not over it)
7. Cook on the bottom shelf of the oven for 30 minutes
8. Baste frequently with the syrup and continue to cook for a further 60 minutes.
9. Delicious served hot or cold!