First up: Sweet Kisses Limited Edition is an anthology of 21 new, sweet, heartwarming books for under $1.
Next: Annie Seaton's 'The Trouble with Paradise' is a limited time special in the Amazon Australia store.
If you haven't caught up with my 'Home from the Hill' book 4 in the Home to Lark Creek series, it's on a Kindle monthly deal for June.
Michelle Montebello's 'The Quarantine Station' is one of my favourite reads.
The rules were crystal clear. She broke them all…
1918 ... When Rose Porter arrives on the shores of Sydney with little money, she must take a job as a parlourmaid at the mysterious North Head Quarantine Station. It’s a place of turmoil for passengers and strict rules for employees.
But Rose discovers some rules were made to be broken.
2019 ... Over a century later, Emma Wilcott is struggling to help her dementia-suffering grandmother from wandering at night. Her long-term memories are leading her somewhere, and Emma realises she is searching for someone from her past.
Emma’s investigation takes her to the Quarantine Station where she meets Matt, the station carpenter, and together they unravel a mystery so compelling it has the power to change lives, to change everything Emma ever knew about herself.
Two very special preorders are:
Country Hearts 3 - five complete books by five bestselling Aussie authors
Singapore Trap: A High Stakes Novel and the sequel to my romantic suspense High Stakes set in Nepal.
Blurb: When Paul Rimmer follows a lead that takes him to Singapore, he joins forces with Lin, a local undercover officer, in the bid to track down John Chan, now head of a cartel.
But the beautiful Lin is a distraction. Is she running interference for Chan, or chasing him down? Can Paul trust his new partner or will she trap him?
Now for that chocolate treat!
· 1 Cup Plain White (all purpose) Flour, 130 grams
· 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
· 1/2 Cup White Sugar, 120 grams
· 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
· 1/2 Cup Coconut, 45 grams
· 1/2 cup or 135 grams Butter, Melted
· 1 Cup Coconut, 90 grams
· 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
· 1 Cup Icing Sugar, 135 grams
· 2 tbsp or 25 grams Butter, Melted
· 1/2 Tin Condensed Milk, 195 mls
· 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
· 1 Tablespoon Boiling Water
Instructions1. Preheat the oven to 180 C Bake
2. Prepare a slice tin (23 x 23 cm) with baking paper on base and sides and set aside
3. In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder and coconut and mix well
4. Melt the butter and pour it into the bowl and stir to combine
5. Spoon this mixture into the prepared slice tin and press it into the tin evenly
6. Bake for 15 minutes until slightly firm, remove from the oven and allow to cool down and firm up before icing
8. In a medium bowl add the coconut, cocoa, icing sugar and mix well
9. Add to this the melted butter, condensed milk, vanilla and boiling water and stir well.
10. Spread this evenly over the cooled slice using a hot knife
11. Allow to set in the refrigerator and slice with a sharp knife into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Cheers, and I hope you enjoy reading these books. I'd love to hear if you make some coconut rough, and how it turned out! Would you add anything to make it pure indulgence?
Till next time,